Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter Birds

Kansas is the place for Canadian geese in winter. Every pond around here has it's share of them. As I type the water is now all frozen over and the geese just plod along in the snow on ice. I have to wonder what it's like at the place they left behind to spend a milder winter here. One day in late fall we took the girls to see them at the pond on post.

Photo bomb!


Now, as we sit inside, feeling trapped by the bitter winter this year, (feels like sub-zero!) we do have the pleasure of watching the birds. We distribute plenty of seed and of course they come. Here are a few pictures I've managed to snap. I wonder if my neighbors think I'm psycho if they see me with my telephoto lens peering out the window while standing on a chair.





It took a while to capture the elusive biuebird!





No comments:

Post a Comment